Microsoft Money 2004 Questions

Punkrulz

Somewhat eXPerienced
Hey guys,

Hopefully some people who are pretty experienced at MS Money 2004 can help me. I have this program so that I can keep track of my statements on my own program and not worrying about my online bank register. Now that I'm getting older I'm getting some more bills to pay. I was putting my upcoming Auto Insurance bill in my desk to get it out of my face, but then the worry came: What if I forget to pay it? I've been looking around MS Money and there is a Bill Pay option...

Now I'm trying to figure this out. You're given information about the person you're paying, how you want to pay them [Direct Debit, Write Check, Other, Print Statement], a memo, how often this transaction is to occur, and when the next payment date is to occur. Now one of the first things is that is this going to be a reminder? Or is this actually going to pay the bill for me? I also don't like to write checks, rather I use my Check Card. Would Direct Debit be the better option? Also, my bill is due on 9/8/04... Now, I don't want to set it up so that it'll pay exactly on that day now do I, rather I should set it up so that it pays a few days before hand?

Is there something else I should be looking at? Perhaps an actual reminder that I can use w/o the program running? I'm just a bit worried about this, because if this doesn't work, there will definately be a problem with my insurance because it would cause a late payment. I'm just trying to figure out everything since this is a new thing for me. *Sighs*

It will just appear as a reminder when you open Money, or will enter the transaction into the account in money automatically. There's no way it can pay it for you, sorry. I think a post-it note on the top of your screen to act as a reminder might be a better way!

Haha, perhaps... then again though those things tend to fall off here all the time anyways. So much humidity in NJ they can't get that great of a hold sometimes! Hmm... I wonder if there are any other ways to take care of this. I know there are a lot of different types of financial programs out there... but I really don't feel like taking the time to learn a new one. :/

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back