Microsoft Luvs me heaps :D

L

Lee

All my accounts received this notice today.

Dear MSN Member,

Recently, Hotmail® announced that in order to improve customer experience and reduce spam and junk e-mail abuse on MSN® services, Hotmail will no longer allow new e-mail accounts to be accessed via Microsoft® Office Outlook® and Outlook Express.

We are pleased to inform you that because you are an existing and valued customer, at this time your current Hotmail and MSN account(s) are exempt from this restriction and you will be able to continue enjoying access to those accounts from Outlook or Outlook Express. However, any new Hotmail or MSN accounts you create will not be accessible via Outlook or Outlook Express.

HAVE ANY OF THE TEAM GOT THIS?

I think maybe the fact that google offered plenty of space and yahoo hanging on to their coat tails swung it for me.

Isn't nice to fell wanted!

Read that last october. lol.
Haven't been able to access my .co.uk account in outlook/outlook express since it was created last year. Unless you subscribe to Outlook Live of course.

EDIT: and yes, existing accounts (ie those before they upgraded to 250mb) can still access the account via outlook.

Will give my hotmail account a go I guess, had it many years.
Rarely use it tho as it was sold by a forum I used to visit.
Bastolas.

I hope you don't mind that I signed you up to a billion other spam setups EP :cool:

Its just your OSNN email addy is so damn cool, i just had to share it.

At one point I recall MS stating they were going to cut Outlook and Outlook Express access for free accounts. It stopped working for a few days, then has been fine since.

Lee I agree, it's likely due to their competitors.

Yep, I got that. I am still using outlook for my hotmail. Also being a MSN subscriber I use outlook for that as well.

Sazar said:
I hope you don't mind that I signed you up to a billion other spam setups EP :cool:

Its just your OSNN email addy is so damn cool, i just had to share it.

:eek:

Mastershakes said:
At one point I recall MS stating they were going to cut Outlook and Outlook Express access for free accounts. It stopped working for a few days, then has been fine since.

Lee I agree, it's likely due to their competitors.

They did state that when they first announced it, but they stopped short of mentioning when they'll stop existing users from accessing accounts via outlook and OE. Now they're encouraging users to subscribe rather than to force them off outlook and OE.

I just checked my hotmail account (basicly use it for newsgroups etc). I got the same notice. No big deal for me personally since I don't use an email client to access it.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back