Microsoft Learning Center for Beginner Developrs

fitz

Woah.. I'm still here?
Political Access
Microsoft has launched a new Web site aimed at helping novices learn to write applications and build their own Web sites.

Capping its thrust to tap the nascent market for tools for beginners, Microsoft launched its new Beginner Developer Learning Center on March 1.

The new site targets "absolute beginners," but it doesn't "dumb down" the content, "it simplifies it," he said. "We start by assuming you have no programming experience."

And because people tend to learn in different ways, we are "learning-type-agnostic," Fernandez said, noting that the site offers videos and other types of educational material.

The site offers instruction on both Web and Windows development and it features tiered content. Tier 1 is the starting point where newcomers are introduced to the basic concepts of programming. Tier 2 assumes the subject understands the foundations of .Net development, and by the end of this level they should be able to build a basic, working application. Tier 3 takes the budding developer into the concepts of data access and debugging.
You can read the Full Article

Or go right to the Microsoft website: http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/express/beginner

The traditional introduction path for beginners was Visual Basic, now extinct as a supported language. Even if you already had an IT degree how long do you think it takes to become compliant with the .NET way of doing things, a week, a month, a year? Well no actually it takes at least two years to become a developer of “applications” and some.

I’ve actually been to the site and used the beginners course (for eight graders) and have to say that in my opinion about one in a thousand will understand the nature of programming if any at all as no mention is made of why you need to programme in the first place or the even more important understanding of the workflow processes and real life tasks that the programme is to emulate, as that is all a programme does.

Good programmers think lazy, by which I mean they automatically understand that a computer could do this or that ten times quicker than me so ill programme this bit of work out of the equation and spend the rest of the day looking out of the window and wondering! That’s how the whole thing started in the first place people looking for easier ways of doing things.

To become a good programmer in this decade having the knowledge of how to programme on its own is no long enough you need to have insight into what it is your doing as some things are still best left to the old best guessing machine in the universe the “human brain”. Wake up Microsoft.

:cry:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back