Microsoft Launches Online Office Preview

madmatt

Awesome is as awesome does.
Political Access
Microsoft Corp. has launched an online preview of its new Office business software, as part of efforts to drum up more interest in the coming set of releases.

Microsoft plans to release its version of Office 2007 — which includes new versions of applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint — to consumers early next year. Corporate customers are scheduled to get it in November.

The company has already been letting technology experts download test versions of Office products. The goal of the online preview is to let people play around with the software without going through the trouble of downloading the large beta versions, which are less reliable than final products.

Still, to use the online demonstration, users may need to download a plug-in and must register with the company.

A big challenge for Redmond-based Microsoft is convincing users to buy a new version of the Office software when many might think their current version works just fine.

More Information: Test Drive
Source: Yahoo! News

I personally am very excited about the new release of Office, I hope this online demo helps convince others to feel the same way :)

The real challenge is, as is clearly stated, people need to have reasons to switch. MS should spend some cash on marketing to flex their muscle and have customers to realize the ROI.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back