Microsoft Just Don't Give A F***

I think gates will take care the chap in the end

(take that any way you want)

Whats new? Outside companys find most of Microsofts bugs for them w/out reward I think .. what makes this kid different?

Well they could have at least cut the kid a check for a few hundred/thousand bucks to pay for his time. I personally would have held them hostage over it and negociated a fee for my services.

Maveric169 said:
Well they could have at least cut the kid a check for a few hundred/thousand bucks to pay for his time. I personally would have held them hostage over it and negociated a fee for my services.

in what possible way would you endear yourself to people if you do things like this..

everyone has a job to do... they are paid for their job... if in the course of their job they find something and choose to share the info so be it... they are already likely being compensated in one form or another...

what the kid did was good and right and he's made the news... and he's worked with m$... that in itself has raised his networth to anyone looking to hire him...

Sazar said:
in what possible way would you endear yourself to people if you do things like this..

everyone has a job to do... they are paid for their job... if in the course of their job they find something and choose to share the info so be it... they are already likely being compensated in one form or another...

what the kid did was good and right and he's made the news... and he's worked with m$... that in itself has raised his networth to anyone looking to hire him...
It would be one thing if the kid notified M$ and pointed out and proved that there was a security problem, but he worked with them for 6 MONTHS. But I suppose it is the kids progitive.

If you are in the software business, you work with the vendors of the software your company uses regularly, helping them to find the bugs in their software when you realize the 'bugginess' is their problem, not yours. You don't get extra compensation for doing this, its just part of your job....:rolleyes:

Electronic Punk said:
It's something to put on the CV / resume!!
Well that is something! One hell of a big something too! I would be impressed by it if I was a hiring manager. Not too many people can say they have been specifically by name given credit for identifing and helping fix a major security flaw in a giant software makers code at the age of 19 none the less.

So in a way they might have givin him more that way than anything other way they could have. I mean if I really think about it, would I rather have received say $5,000 and nothing else for this, or a by name mention of my accomplishment by M$ in a public form of media.

:rolleyes: Yea, I think I would take the by name mention of my accomplishment by M$ in a public form of media. That has to be worth a bit for the next job.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back