Microsoft Intellimouse

• Thread starter xperienced_uk
  • Start date
X

xperienced_uk

I have recently upgraded my m/board to a Chaintech Apogee with USB 2.0 ports.

I have done a clean install of XP Pro with SP1 1106 (to enable USB 2.0 support) and my MS Intellimouse (USB) will no longer function it comes up "USB Device not recognised - Device Error".

I have tried a newer USB Optical Intellimouse and this works perfectly any ideas??

Yes

Yes I have tried it on my laptop which has USB 1.1 and running Windows ME.

No problems.

There should be two USB 1.1 ports on your motherboard as well as the USB 2.0 ports. They should be just below the ps2 ports.

as far as i know all ports of which there are 6 are both usb 1.1 & 2.0 complient according to the manual, but mouse doesn't work in any of the 6 ports still comes up "Device not recognised"

Have you got the latest drivers for the mouse and motherboard?

yes have intellimouse drivers 4.1 and all m/board drivers from supplier

Well then there should be no reason why it doesn't work. You'll have to wait for someone more xp-erienced than me to reply. Sorry

Try SP1 for XP (make sure you get the 1106 build though), this is supposed to have native USB 2.0 support from microsoft.

If it dosent recognise it with Microsoft Drivers i would check that you have connected your USB 2.0 card/cable to your Motherboard correctly.

Im running the Intellimouse optical as well, and as i typed this i just whipped out the mouse from my 1.1 port into my 2.0 ports and it picks it up no problem.

Saying that though i did have the VIA USB 2.0 installed BEFORE i upgraded to SP1, but looking at my Device Manager, it informs me that its using the Microsoft Drivers and not the VIA ones.

Hope this helps.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back