--== Microsoft Front Page ==--

dreamworks

--== babyface ==--
Hello ..

Need some help here if possible please :p

I would like to design a simple website for a marketing project which I have been in charged of and the truth is using Microsoft Front Page allows me to do just that excellently.

The problem is my screen resolution is currently set at 1024 x 768 and so while I happily construct the website and looks nice on my screen and uploads it to the server, it didn't turn out quite like how it did on my screen though. When I tried viewing it from another screen with different resolution, it just suck perfectly well .. :happy:

Can anyone help me out by telling me how do I fix this or do I have to change my screen resolution to the resulotion which I want the front page to be? Ermm .. I'm using a 2002 version with SP2 installed. :blink: Thanks !!

I made that same mistake when I first started making websites... there really is no other fix for it except to redesign the site, and not make it wider then 700-ish or taller than 500-ish.

...thats what I had to do...

Good luck man.

Usually what i do is set the page width to a percentage of the screen - if you want it to be full screen you would set it to 100%

This way it can be viewed in any resolution... in any case though it will look diff in diff resolutions ..

Thanks for the advise guys but I don't quite understand what you meant. How do I set the page width to a certain percentage of the screen exactly?? :confused:

I hate needing to change my screen resolution from the current back to 800 x 600 but isn't there anyway to lock the settings of the page we are designing to 800 x 600 instead?

Herkalees .. what do u mean 700-ish and 500-ish? How do you do that?

Originally posted by dreamworks
Thanks for the advise guys but I don't quite understand what you meant. How do I set the page width to a certain percentage of the screen exactly?? :confused:

I hate needing to change my screen resolution from the current back to 800 x 600 but isn't there anyway to lock the settings of the page we are designing to 800 x 600 instead?

Herkalees .. what do u mean 700-ish and 500-ish? How do you do that?

I don't know where this option may be in FrontPage, but in Dreamweaver, you can tell it how large to make the "work" window. Keeping it at around 700 X 500, there's a chance it will fit on just about everyone's screen.

Hmmm .. I am not sure if that feature is available in Front Page 2002, but most likely my guess is nope. I have just tried out a test page for my project at the following address:-

http://www.asustek.netfirms.com

It was done on my current screen resolution (1024 x 768) and from a different resolutions, it did not appear as it should be because the words are all but juggle up here and there .. :(

Anyone willing to help me out by showing how I can fix this problem please?? :happy:

I am sure that this option is available in Frontpage as well (I use Dreamweaver myself as well... better program!) because it is just a simple HTML setting. It's in there somewhere. Just look around. Unless there is some real reason that you want to use Frontpage, I recommend Macromedia Dreamweaver. It is twice the program that Frontpage is.

You could always try coding the page in html by yourself. Get rid of all the extra unnecessary code that frontpage puts in.

Originally posted by Un4gIvEn1
better yet... why not use Word to make your webpages? HEHE

Nah, why use Word when you could more easily use bubblegum and dog hair. Yeah, frontpage isn't choice #1 when it comes to Web page design programs. Nor is it #2, #3 ... #57...

Try this:

Set your screen resoulution to 800x600, open Front Page and maximize it, then reset your screen res to 102x768. Front page will remain at the 800x600 size. From there you can resize the length, but leave the width alone.

Use that width as you create your page and it should:) view ok.

Hope this helps. Let me know.

Wingman

o.k o.k - this is what i do .. when I make the page I look through at the width sizes and if it says actual width I change it to percentage width, Otherwards if it says width="157" I change to what ever percentage I want it to be ..

I also would recomend dreamweaver - It is a lot better than Frontpage, also more powerful as you can do more with it ..

Thank you all .. THANK YOU VERY MUCH !! :D

I appreciate all your advise and will try it out .. all of them. As for Dreamweaver.. I have heard that it is better than FrontPage, but this came together when we purchased the license of office so .. thats why I was using this. ;)

frontpage is perhaps one of the worst website building tools to use.

i highly recommend using dreamweaver 4.0. not too hard to learn and the results will be a helluva lot better.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back