Microsoft forcing messenger software upgrades

Corvette

Sauske!
Users of the .NET passport service ahave been recieving this e-mail:
You are receiving this e-mail because you are a MSN Messenger or Windows Messenger Service user.
As part of Microsoft's Trustworthy Computing initiative, Microsoft is updating the .NET Messenger Service and providing you with an important MSN Messenger or Windows Messenger security update.
If you are using MSN Messenger 5.0, Windows Messenger 4.7.2000, or MSN Messenger for Mac 3.5, or any versions higher than these, you do NOT need this security update. To find out which version you have, select the 'Help' menu in Messenger, then select 'About'. If you are using an older version, or are not sure, please visit: http://messenger.msn.com/Help/Upgrades.aspx
for an update.
NOTICE: If you are not using an updated version, you will be unable to continue using your MSN Messenger or Windows Messenger Service.
Thank you for helping Microsoft further its commitment to helping you protect your privacy and security online.

That means that is you use Windows Messenger 4.6, MSN Messenger 4.x or earlier, MSN Messenger for Mac OS 9 2.4 and earlier and MSN Messenger 3.4 for OS X you must upgrade to a newer verison now (That's why I upgraded WM now)

Get a program like IHateSpam (Sorry I had to go off topic to deliver this message)

Originally posted by ViperSnake
Still Trying to get a story that is not here yet
If you see it's been posted on the front page, why do you post it here? :confused:

Update: I have found a quote from spokesperson Sean Sundwall, "Security issues that could be posed (on older versions) require us to force an upgrade."
-Sean Sundwall

He declined to detail the security issue, saying disclosure would "put customers at undue risk."

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back