Microsoft Change Analysis Diagnostic Tool for Windows XP (SP2)

madmatt

Awesome is as awesome does.
Political Access
The Change Analysis Diagnostic simplifies the identification of recent changes to computers running Windows XP. The diagnostic checks for recent changes to the following:

• Operating system components, such as patches, that are installed as hotfixes or downloads from Windows Update.
  • Installed application entries listed in the Add or Remove Programs control panel.
  • All kernel mode device and file system drivers.
  • Browser helper objects loaded by Internet Explorer.
  • ActiveX controls loaded by Internet Explorer.
  • Programs loaded automatically during Windows XP startup.
  • Programs and Dynamic Link Libraries (DLLs) loaded when an application starts.

After you install this item, you may have to restart your computer.

Knowledge Base Article
Download (Validation Required)

Nice tool, not very happy that it requires System Restore to be running though.

Other then the fact it can and has been very usefull in some cases granted it wont bring your system back but I say 8 out of 10 times it does

I don't really have a preference either way really, I just have always disabled it. I don't use it at home, my company disables it by default, so I was just making an observation that it has to be enabled for this tool to work is all.

I always disabled it in XP, but the new System Restore in Vista is totally worth leaving on, simply because of Previous Versions, one of my favorite features. :)

Other then the fact it can and has been very usefull in some cases granted it wont bring your system back but I say 8 out of 10 times it does

I've never seen system restore do anything other than be a safe haven for viruses/malware or completely hose a system when used. Nothing like rolling back the registry a few months and see what happens.

Agreed, also because it's much harder to disable than it was in previous versions :p
It's still just one checkbox to disable it in Vista. :)
It is harder to control the amount of space that it uses, yes. There's no exposed UI for that anymore.

Well, that's kinda what I meant, sorta.

Time for bed, it's been a long day :eek:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back