Microsoft Change Analysis Diagnostic Tool for Windows XP (SP2)

madmatt

Bow Down to the King
Political User
The Change Analysis Diagnostic simplifies the identification of recent changes to computers running Windows XP. The diagnostic checks for recent changes to the following:

• Operating system components, such as patches, that are installed as hotfixes or downloads from Windows Update.
  • Installed application entries listed in the Add or Remove Programs control panel.
  • All kernel mode device and file system drivers.
  • Browser helper objects loaded by Internet Explorer.
  • ActiveX controls loaded by Internet Explorer.
  • Programs loaded automatically during Windows XP startup.
  • Programs and Dynamic Link Libraries (DLLs) loaded when an application starts.

After you install this item, you may have to restart your computer.

Knowledge Base Article
Download (Validation Required)

Shamus MacNoob

OSNN Veteran Addict
Political User
Other then the fact it can and has been very usefull in some cases granted it wont bring your system back but I say 8 out of 10 times it does

kcnychief

█▄█ ▀█▄ █
Political User
I don't really have a preference either way really, I just have always disabled it. I don't use it at home, my company disables it by default, so I was just making an observation that it has to be enabled for this tool to work is all.

j79zlr

Glaanies script monkey
Political User
Other then the fact it can and has been very usefull in some cases granted it wont bring your system back but I say 8 out of 10 times it does
I've never seen system restore do anything other than be a safe haven for viruses/malware or completely hose a system when used. Nothing like rolling back the registry a few months and see what happens.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Poseeut