News Microsoft bets on Windows success

Well as we all know today is the day Windows 7 Ships (I have my ultimate copy already)

But its also day 1 of Microsoft hoping this isnt going to be a turkey

Microsoft is hoping that its newly-launched operating system will be one that "doesn't let you down".
Speaking at the official launch of Windows 7 in London, Microsoft executives said they had listened to consumers and delivered a more streamlined, feature-packed system.
It follows widespread criticism of predecessor Vista.
Windows 7 faces stiff competition from rival operating systems and new ways of storing applications.
Microsoft is hoping Windows 7 will reinvigorate its plans to be at the centre of the home with features that make it easy to connect to other machines in the house and stream movies and music to them.

In the UK, the software giant will tie up with Sky to offer its on-demand Sky Player service.
It will allow consumers to watch a range of live and on-demand TV programmes via the Windows Media Center, which is included in most editions of Windows 7.

New dawn
Microsoft's UK managing director Ashley Highfield said Windows 7 marked a "new dawn in Microsoft's relationship with the consumer".
"Windows 7 is much more than a collection of new features. We have listened to what consumers want and they want something that makes their lives easier," said Mr Highfield.
The operating system has already been in beta testing among eight million official users, and a farther seven million unofficial testers have also used it.

The software giant used one billion data sessions to find out how people navigate with Windows; information such as how many times people visit the start menu - around 12 times per session - and how many windows they have open at any one time - between two and seven is the average.
:source: Source: BBC NEWS | Technology | Microsoft bets on Windows success

N
Yay to Windows 7, been using it for like a year now. Glad it's finally out!

Im happier that HP have now issued their drivers

They aren't coming out with updated software for my HP printer till January. The software disk I have for it won't even install on windows 7 now- I already tried compatible mode and the like, it didn't work. I can still use it over the network though. So, I guess it isn't all that bad ...

They aren't coming out with updated software for my HP printer till January. The software disk I have for it won't even install on windows 7 now- I already tried compatible mode and the like, it didn't work. I can still use it over the network though. So, I guess it isn't all that bad ...

My Photosmart C6380 worked normally on RC1 64 bit and as you say ok on a wireless network connection only, on the full version.... b4 the update, (minus the correct printer icon.)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back