Microsoft announces Xbox 360 pricing!

NetRyder

Tech Junkie
Ending weeks of speculation about which upcoming video game platform will give gamers the most bang for their buck, today at the German Games Convention, Microsoft Corp. revealed that consumers can get their hands on Xbox 360™ — the most powerful and feature-packed next-generation video game and entertainment system — for as little as $299.99 U.S./€299.99/£209.99 starting this holiday season. For gamers who want to experience the ultimate digital entertainment thrill ride, Microsoft also announced a model with hundreds of dollars worth of accessories for $399.99 U.S./€399.99/£279.99, giving consumers the definitive entertainment experience at an unbelievable value right out of the box.

The Xbox 360 and Xbox 360 Core System — along with an impressive lineup of high-definition game titles from the world’s best publishers and developers — will make their debut in North America, Europe and Japan in time for this Christmas holiday, several months ahead of the competition. Although details for the Japan launch will be addressed at the Tokyo Game Show in September, the unprecedented three-region launch signifies an industry first. The Xbox 360 platform will deliver the most powerful console, the best games, the next generation of the Xbox Live® service, and amazing digital entertainment experiences never seen in console entertainment.
For more details on what's included and the accessories available, check out the full press release on PressPass. :)

$400 isn't bad for all the specs.

I still prefer PC gaming though.

i will be getting the 399 hehe i think i would have to god knows how much all that stuff seperatly would be hehe.

yah im all about PC gaming but there is something about sitting on a coutch and relaxing with a controller. I still havent played Halo 2. if it really is backwards compatiable i will probaly play it at reduced price when this comes out hehe.

its does actually say, and it does come up to about $200.

i wonder if the present live headset is the same as the one for the 360?!

VenomXt said:
yah im all about PC gaming but there is something about sitting on a coutch and relaxing with a controller. I still havent played Halo 2. if it really is backwards compatiable i will probaly play it at reduced price when this comes out hehe.
Halo 2 should work with the 360. It's their cash-cow. :D

nice price, was bound to be around about there. :D

paul2-0-0-2 said:
Wikid

Still think it will be more though knowing the UK the Bastards!!!
:rolleyes: :ermm: :ermm:

"for as little as $299.99 U.S./€299.99/£209.99 starting this holiday season. For gamers who want to experience the ultimate digital entertainment thrill ride, Microsoft also announced a model with hundreds of dollars worth of accessories for $399.99 U.S./€399.99/£279.99, giving consumers the definitive entertainment experience at an unbelievable value right out of the box."

Thats the price on play.com etc as well

Last edited:
Haha come on, Paul. I even quoted the prices from the press release in the first post. :D

lad_in_brum said:
:rolleyes: :ermm: :ermm:

for as little as $299.99 U.S./€299.99/£209.99 starting this holiday season. For gamers who want to experience the ultimate digital entertainment thrill ride, Microsoft also announced a model with hundreds of dollars worth of accessories for $399.99 U.S./€399.99/£279.99, giving consumers the definitive entertainment experience at an unbelievable value right out of the box.

Yes was gona say could still be more but after llooking on GAME cant really say anything now :speechless:

http://shop.game.net/xbox360/

NetRyder said:
Haha come on, Paul. I even quoted the prices from the press release in the first post. :D

lol

Like i just said dont mean the shops cant put more on top of that seen it done before

paul2-0-0-2 said:
lol

Like i just said dont mean the shops cant put more on top of that seen it done before

i recon it will be £199.99, competition will knock it down to that and use it as a selling point. :speechless:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back