Microsoft access

brocher

OSNN Senior Addict
I have converted all my music albums into MP3's . Can anyone tell me the best way to enter these in to a database using MS access. It would be too long abd monotonus job to type every thing in to it by hand . Is there a way to set it up to so that you can DRAG and DROP the info into the database.

You could use something like this to do the donkey work for you.
MP3 Collector 1.2 from h**p://www.collectorz.com/mp3/
Platform Windows 9x/ME/NT/2000/XP
FileSize 1747KB
Update 2002-04-30
Introduction: MP3 Collector is a program for organizing your personal collection of MP3 files, on harddisks, CD-ROMs, network drives, etc... You can use it to edit ID3 tags, rename files and create playlists. It also lets you create a file with detailed information about your MP3 collection. This file can be browsed, sorted and searched in various ways, even when the actual MP3 files are not available (e.g. find all MP3s with the word "love" in the title, sort your files by Genre, etc...). MP3 lists can be printed and exported to HTML or CSV files. Once exported to CSV you can the import that data to MS Access. Unlicensed copies can only be used 20 times but there are lots of other programs that can be used like this.

You could dump your MP3z directory to a text file:

dir /b > songs.txt

Then import that text file into your MSAccess database (File > Get External Data > Import)

Easy as pie. :)

Kind regards,
Willem Moolenaar

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back