Micro atx MB

the consumer-oriented nforce3 and athlon64 is still a little ways off. and waiting for microATX boards to come out would take even longer.

that chaintech board would be a fine purchase. :)

What kind of psu do i need to run that mb
and
Athlon Xp 2500+
512 ram
ati 9500
CD-RW
120 GB HDD 7200 rpm

What you thinking of? Other members might be better placed to answer this but from what I know if you have a powerful graphics card you need at least 300W to be safe. Less might be ok though but I would try to get at least 300W just in case. :)

Thanks

guess a have to find myself a small Micro atx case whit a 300 w psu (Thats going to be hard)

Thats right you can get a full size case and put anything you want into it ... :)

defeats the purpose of getting a mATX board, though.

dexter, you can get any mATX case you like and buy a cheap 300w power supply seperate and slip it in.

I'm geting micro atx because of the size.
I have look at smaller like Mini itx and flex atx but they dont fit my needs.

it's just that i dont know if a standard atx psu fits in a micro atx case. And i live in sweden micro atx is not big here then i would have to order from for exaple(?) US and that a bit to much.

Most often a stand ps wont fit "in" a mini or micro atx case unless its like 250w or smaller.Which might be jus big enough for your needs (I would not try anythin smaller if I was you).If not, one solution that I use on my "diagnostic"(mini atx) pc is I leave the case off so that the 400w ps sticks about 1/2 way out of the frame.Works for me, an it is one nice little "powerhouse"that "packs a punch". :)

i'm looking in my mATX fileserver and, from what i can tell, the power supply seems to be a standard ATX one. it's pretty wide (almost touches the side door), seems as tall as any other PSU and the length (front to back) can be variable anyway.

but my eyes could deceive me, i guess. some day soon i'll take it out and compare it to others.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back