Michael Moore on Jay Leno show

Maveric169

The Voices Talk to Me
Michael Moore was on the Jay Leno show talking about his movies, books, etc. And while I don't agree with Mr. Moore's views I have to admire him tackling topics that do not follow mainstream, per se. I also find that it is interesting that the government, media outlets, and other organizations feel so threatened by his work that they go to the lengths they do to prevent him from others viewing his work.

I just might rent his movies on that basis alone.

In what way can Michael Moore NOT be considered mainstream? And the last comment "I just might rent his movies on that basis alone," goes to show what a liar Michael Moore is.

You can rent Michael Moore's movies, buy Michael Moore's movies, go to the theater along with millions of other FREE AMERICANS and watch them there. You can see him whine on Leno, Moyers, Entertainment Tonight, etc. etc. etc. You can read about him on the web and in magazines, buy his books, borrow them from a library, email him, visit his website, write him a letter, stalk his house, call him up on the phone and invite him to a weight-watchers meeting, whatever...the only thing I find mildly 'threatening' about Michael Moore is that he might tip over and crush me.

Oh, and you are free to swallow his b.s. if you want to.

Now go throw some more money at the whine-ass tub of lard. As you say, it is amazing the great lengths to which the government, media and "other organizations" have gone in order to keep Michael Moore silent. Obviously he needs a little more exposure. And peanut butter.

it seems you have seen Moore's work and don't like it freeman

so, tell me about those...cut and pastes won't do

I've seen his work, like some of it, don't like other of it, I have criticism for some of it, and praise for some of it

I could say the same about Spielberg

I'm doubting you've seen any of it, I mean you wouldn't want to "throw money at that tub of lard" would you. (this is the excuse most people use who won't see his work but want to criticize it nun the less)

but maybe you'll surprise me

let's see

iamnotanumberiamafreeman said:
I was just making fun of a guy who we hear from every day complaining about how hard it is to be heard.
Have you listened?

Maveric169 said:
I also find that it is interesting that the government, media outlets, and other organizations feel so threatened by his work that they go to the lengths they do to prevent him from others viewing his work.
Read your post then read this happening here .

This is amusing realy, in Communist Russia there where hundreds of film makers just like moore, exactly the same style.
The only difference was that they where working for the comunist goverment, spreading mostly communist propoganda (Shame on you capitalist man! :p ).

And now we have moore, a person who is using the same type of "win over methods" against his goverment, and while he's at it he's screaming he's oppressed :)

I hate Michael Moore and on the other hand have watched two of his movies (cause you can't hate what you don't know) watched him on countless tv shows read countless articles, but I have to say are the people who support Moore watching or reading or giving the chance to the articles, movies, and tv shows against him, most aren't.

also with that link you posted Xie, if he was so for the people and wanted to help the country why would he want to make people pay to see his movie??? Why wouldn't he want everyone to see it instead of signing a contract (which pays him a lot of money).

Tuffgong4 said:
also with that link you posted Xie, if he was so for the people and wanted to help the country why would he want to make people pay to see his movie??? Why wouldn't he want everyone to see it instead of signing a contract (which pays him a lot of money).
Well after Cable TV shoots you down I think PPV is one of the only things left. I also don't think you can do a free PPV or .. well .. it's not PPV. :p Also take a look at this quote below as to why PPV was 2nd choice (think # of people).
In Demand makes pay-per-view programmes available in 28 million homes across the US - about one quarter of all homes with televisions.
And as to the part about money we have this quote.
Moore offered to let another company, the Sinclair Broadcast Group Inc, air the movie for free but the broadcaster has a reputation for conservative politics so is unlikely to do so.
He has offered it FREE but everyone is afraid of the unstable coming after them. He has also spoke out about being for people downloading his film.

iamnotanumberiamafreeman said:
In what way can Michael Moore NOT be considered mainstream? And the last comment "I just might rent his movies on that basis alone," goes to show what a liar Michael Moore is.

You can rent Michael Moore's movies, buy Michael Moore's movies, go to the theater along with millions of other FREE AMERICANS and watch them there. ...............'threatening' about Michael Moore is that he might tip over and crush me.

Oh, and you are free to swallow his b.s. if you want to.

Now go throw .............Michael Moore silent. Obviously he needs a little more exposure. And peanut butter.
Wow freeman, your posts makes you sound like a scared radical nutjob affraid of free speach.

Tuffgong4 said:
I hate Michael Moore and on the other hand have watched two of his movies (cause you can't hate what you don't know) watched him on countless tv shows read countless articles, but I have to say are the people who support Moore watching or reading or giving the chance to the articles, movies, and tv shows against him, most aren't.

He said something about that on Leno last night, can't remember off the top of my head the reason but it was something along the lines of, with PPV people would have to choose to watch it, something about legal crap just to get the networks to show his movie that close to the election.

At the same time, if I made a movie I would want to get paid for it so .......

On the other side of the coin Sinclair Broadcast Group Inc is airing free to public broadcast an Anti-Kerry movie, and Moore offered his movie to them free. That way they could show both sides of the fence.

But as I said before, wether you agree or disagree with Moore's views, I find it intreguing that Disney paid to create the movie at a cost of $6 million or something like that, and because it was anti-Bush film and was marked to make over $100 million, Disney didn't want anything to do with it ONLY because it was anti-Bush/current administration. The movie has made over $100 million worldwide.

So that has intreuged me. What is it that is so damaging in his films that major companies are afraid of retaliation from the government, media, etc. that they would turn their backs on a $94 million dollar profit.

Maveric169 said:
So that has intreuged me. What is it that is so damaging in his films that major companies are afraid of retaliation from the government, media, etc. that they would turn their backs on a $94 million dollar profit.
I think ALOT of it has to do with the people that send death threats, letters, stand outside protesting that scares most off. The majority of these people are unstable and are going on the what they have heard from others (that also have not seen the film).

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back