Michael Dell Gives Up Title of CEO

ShepsCrook

Red Sox Fan!
Rollins Named Dell's Next Chief Executive Officer, Will be Nominated to Succeed Topfer on Board of Directors

Michael Dell to Remain Active Chairman of the Board; Changes Effective in July

Round Rock, Texas, March 4, 2004

Twenty years after founding Dell, Michael Dell will transfer the title of chief executive officer to Kevin Rollins, with whom he has led the world's fastest growing, most profitable computer systems company since 1997.

Dell's board of directors, meeting today in New York City, appointed Mr. Rollins CEO effective at the company's July 16 annual meeting of shareholders. Mr. Rollins, currently president and chief operating officer, will become president and chief executive officer. He will also be nominated for election to the Dell board at the annual meeting.

Mr. Dell will remain deeply involved in the company's day-to-day business as chairman of the board, leaving intact a unique, successful "two-in-a-box" senior-management structure. The company said the pending title change is consistent with current primary roles: Mr. Dell emphasizing trends in technology and customer preference, including research and development, Mr. Rollins leading company strategy and operations.

Mr. Rollins would succeed Mort Topfer on Dell's board of directors. Mr. Topfer, a director since December 1999, has chosen not to stand for re-election. A former executive of the company, he retired from Dell in December 2001.

In its fiscal year ended Jan. 30, Dell achieved record product shipments, revenue, operating and net income, and earnings per share. The company marks its 20th anniversary in May.

SOURCE

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back