MGS 2 n gta vice PC Probs

ste_w

OSNN Senior Addict
Hi all

I Recently Brought Metal gear solid 2 for the pc n i had a error instaling it, it got to 57% then stoped sayin fiule uncopyable or something, anyway that was the 7.3 gb install version, i then tried the "Small" one which was only 4gb it installed wit no probs.
When i was playin the game i notice the light effects lookd CRap n so i went lookin 4 a patch, i ended up downloading the ATI PAtch 4 it even tho i hav n nivida card, anyway it made the lights n stuff look better. However a problem is still there, in the codec i cannot see anyfaces! when otacan talks all i can see is glasses no face @ all an same 4 everysingle character, this problem was there even b4 the ait patch. is it becos its not rendereing it? cos if so then i got kinda the same problem wit vice city for pc sumtimes im goin that fast in a car the graphics r not gettin rendered for example i hit an invisible wall which a couple o secs later gets rendered to a wall lol, i hav the unooficail gta vice city patch as i had clippin probs at the begining. wats goin on wit um both?

Pls Help.

Me Personally think its the 44.03 drivers which i hav cos it kinda does the same on renegade but only wen u minimize then restore the game.

Thanx

Ste_W

"i ended up downloading the ATI PAtch 4 it even tho i hav n nivida card"

I'd imagine this has something to do with it. Why would you download an ATi patch without an ATi card??? Strange.

Out of interest what card do you actually have?

i got the ati patch to fix the lighting problems i had, n the patch did, and i had the codec problem b4 the ati patch.

I hav an Nvidia Geforce fx 5800 Ultra

is there an unofficial patch for mgs2? or is it my drivers?

Its your drivers silly, go back to an earlier Nvidia driver or try a newer one.

DONT EVER use an ATI patch for an Nvidia card you dumb if you do :p

alrdy tried ealier drivers, the problem is there just not as much, i also uninstalled the ati patch , wen i do that i hav no reflections, blurred textures, n very static looking lights, where as wit the ati patch things look awsome.

I had the same problem with gta3.. turn on frame limiter. thats what was wrong with mine. I turned my frame limiter off and it was going to fast i guess? dunno. Just fixed that problem when I turned it back on.

bloody hell nobody ever listens do they,, RUN GTA3 under WIN98 compatibilty if you have windows XP, this way you have no need to use Frame limiter.

I seem to be having this problem with mgs2. Did anyone find out the solution to the problem? The codec one I mean

well, as far as GTA goes, my copy works fine. never heard of that mgs2 thing b4.

Members online

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back