Messengers Failing

Richy

Beyond All Comprehension.
Hey everyone, I was just having some problems with my messengers and I can't figure out how to get them working again. Ok, so I have this computer that im using that isn't mine, and I had to setup my DSL connection on here. I installed AIM and MSN messenger 7.5, but both of them won't work because they say an internet connection cannot be found, when the internet works fine, and my default windows messenger can connect, but not any messenger installed by me. The error messages said it could be a firewall, but all of my firewalls are deactivated, i've made sure of it. Can anyone give me any ideas on why this error would keep coming up without a firewall in the way?

Make sure that the time and date in the BIOS is the same as the current date and time, same within windows, make sure they are correct. Its happened to me a few times and that has been the cause.

hmmmm, I will make sure and check that out....

Well, I checked both the BIOS time and date and the Windows time and date and both seem to be correct and exactly the same, so I guess that couldn't be the problem.... Does anyone else have any ideas on why my messengers are still being blocked by an invisible firewall? :lick:

Could there maybe be some kinda virus that would cause my messengers to get all screwed up? I'm pretty stumped on it, lol.... :dead:

DOIT.gif
heh heh heh :-D

Ok ok the "Do it" thing was just a joke, lol... No but seriously guys I really need help.... :lick:

Ok well I can't seem to get a response from anyone so.... Thanks anyway I guess..... :speechless:

Ok actually nevermind on everything because I finally got my computer running again to my messengers are working fine, lol.... :nervous:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back