• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Messenger

DFX

OSNN Senior Addict
I dont know if this goes in here or in applications, but its about the network messenger thing. I get these popup messenger windows (an example i put together attached) on a regs with some file sharing programs *cough* KaZaA... and was wondering if there was a way to stop it?

When I asked my freind about it he sent me a program.. which is what I used to make my example - dont think he QUITE got what I was trying to ask. :rolleyes:

(The file he sent is 'Send Anonymous Messages with WinNT 2K & XP.exe' if you was wondering).

I turned off messenger in services a while ago after having sneaky adverts popping up whilst doing nothing !,and now no adverts and no side affects after disabling it....so do what zedric says:rolleyes: .

O

oxy

Yeah, just turn off messenger, makes things a LOT better.
right click my computer>manage>services and applications>services>right click messenger>stop>then right click again>properties>there should be a disable feature where it says start by default (or something like that)

Hope it helps.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanoravies