• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Messenger help

T

the warrior

I am having problems with some sort of conflict with my MSN Messenger and Windows messenger. My MSN messenger is set to start at start up, and it does, but reasently my windows Messenger will start automaticly, signing me out of MSN. then 5 miniutes later they will switch again. then 5 mins later more of the same. Very annoying.

I reasently used Partition Magic to reformat my hard drive, as well as I have upgraded from XP home to XP pro. The problem started after I did these actions.

Please someone help me. I have been looking everwhere to find a way to disable my windows messanger, but it keeps starting up again

B

Bretenn

either rename the windows messenger or remove it from ur pc...
go to add/remove program>add/remove windows components, find windows messenger then remove it
or
go to run and paste this
RunDll32 advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection %windir%\INF\msmsgs.inf,BLC.Remove

T

the warrior

I'm comfused, I went to add/remove windows components, and windows messenger was unticked. So it shouldn't even be working should it?

If I paste that line into run it will just remove the windows messenger? not msn?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanoravies