Messenger HELL

Ci2e

XPert
Okay who ever made the program Grimbo doesn't know how to make a user friendly GUI. I downloaded it and it royaly fu*ed up windows messenger. I did a search in the forum to find out how to remove it so that I could re-install it- but after I opened (windows>inf>sysoc.inf) and deleted hide on the column msmsgs and saved it, then I un-installed it and then downloaded it from microsofts site. After it was done installing it saved everything that Grimbo program did to msn messenger. Even though this program has been the biggest pain I have had in XP I do want it.

Is there any way to undo those changes Grimbo made?!?

If you have never heard of this program and/or would like to help me with my problem here is the link to this program.

http://www.tfn.be/grimbo/index.php

Use system restore to restore to a point before you installed that program. before i install stuff i always create a restore point, so if it screws up or whatever I can restore back. Works like a charm. If you have system restore on, it creates auto-restore points everytime you reboot or once every day or so (forget which).. so you should be fine to roll-back to a working version.

remedy

Remedy

I tried exactly what you said and restored my computer back to day 1 which was not more than 2 weeks ago- It never solved the problem- I think the only way to solve this problem is to actually load up Grimbo and undo the changes but I'm not sure how to because that program isn't exactly easy to figure out.

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!

thats exactly what i was going to do- but i figured it out- its all fixed

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back