• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Messenger Directory

B

bumzig

I currently have 3 partitions on my PC.
C:\ - OS (XP Pro)
D:\ - downloads, shares etc
G:\ - Programs

Is it possible to over-ride the default installation directory ('C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger') for Windows Messenger 5.0
and install it manually on another partition? Because there doesn't seem to be a custom installation option at install.

Thanks,
-Bumzig

D

Daedalus

Try TweaKUI, from the microsoft website...you can change the default Program Files directory with it, change it to where you want you programs to be...Then messenger should install to the right directory. Also any other programs you install should point automatically to your specified directory.

Hope this helps (I havent got a download link--sorry, but I'm sure someone else can help you with that)

not true you can install it where ever you want. i have msn messenger installed on my d: partition. Hers the trick. with tweak-xp change the program folder under the option system folder. Msn meseenger will be installed to that folder. afterwards change the setting back or leave it :p

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pdawgintown