Messenger 7 Full Freezes!!!

Dan04

OSNN Addict
Hi Everyone,

I had msn messenger 7 beta installed on my pc and that worked fine, then obviously the full version came out so i installed that and it loads up for 3 to 6 seconds then freezes.

Seeing i had to format my computer anyway, i reinstalled everything and i try to run msn and it does the same thing!! does anyone have any ideas as to why its happening?

I can install the exact same software on 2 pc's and this computer im on now won't work and the other one will, whats up with that!

anyways any info anyone can give me is very much appreciated

Regards, Daniel

Well I installed a beta of it once, I also had since it's release running version 6.2 without a hitch, I did however install the M$ release for everyone not just beta testers and it too froze.

I can only suggest doing what I did, I uninstalled my firewall and AV (antivirus) rebooted and reinstalled it and it then (MSN messenger 7) worked fine, not a problem since.

I have NIS2005 btw.

thanks for that, im running nis2005 as well and i tried what you said but to no avail, i think u got lucky :p

Might be a case of just removing v7 going back to v6.2 uninstall NIS2005, update it till it needs no more, then reinstall v7 without uninstalling v6.2, then waiting for permissions to be created in NIS2005 for v7.

NIS is not worth the paper it’s written on I’ve come across more problems with this programme than any other. Uninstalling it is a nightmare as is installing it correctly in the first place. It leaves registry entries everywhere that interfere with other products just like AOL. It’s my opinion that these two programmes are best avoided.

I used NIS (Norton Internet Security) for a long time (3 years) but it’s been left behind in the general scheme of things, best to move on now to say something like Kaspersky virus checker and firewall which is far superior but slows your machine down a tad. Better safe than sorry I say.

:) :) :)

dave holbon said:
NIS is not worth the paper it’s written on I’ve come across more problems with this programme than any other. Uninstalling it is a nightmare as is installing it correctly in the first place. It leaves registry entries everywhere that interfere with other products just like AOL. It’s my opinion that these two programmes are best avoided.

I used NIS (Norton Internet Security) for a long time (3 years) but it’s been left behind in the general scheme of things, best to move on now to say something like Kaspersky virus checker and firewall which is far superior but slows your machine down a tad. Better safe than sorry I say.

What does this have to do with helping out the users problem?

Threads should not be trolling bait, lets stick to the point, s/he needs help on correcting problems with MSN 7, not listen to you whine about AOL or NIS.

B.T.W. it's programs, not programmes, programmes you watch on your T.V. set.

Steady on Lee lets not get “out of our pram” programmes is an exact description of NIS in my view but there you go, I’m making the same mistake.

What does this have to do with helping out the users (user’s) problem? Well it’s simple as I believe that the removal of it (NIS), re-installing V7 (not beta) will solve the problem or at least eliminate it from the list, so to speak, just one more step to be eliminated in the grand scheme of things, that’s all. And by the way NIS and AOL are known problem generators in their own right(s).

Everybody is entitled to their view no matter how wrong it may eventually be proved. I can personally attest to this having been more wrong than right about everything you can imagine, that’s why we are called human beings. Best not to dwell on the negative but the positive and solve (her?) problem.

unless i read everyones msges the wrong way last time i checked im a guy lol :p ive tried reinstalling version 7, retried the beta and 6.2 but its like once full version of 7 goes on only way i can make previous versions work is by formatting again and that aint an option im willing to do just yet...again :)

no matter how many times i uninstalll nis install msn etc it does nothing, otherwise ive tried everything listed here so far to no avail, sorry that it seems like im bein very quick ere im at work now replying to this hehe

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back