Messenger 5.0 - What do you wanna see in it?

Electronic Punk

willalwaysbewithyou
Staff member
Political Access
To go with my news post, I wanna hear what you guys would like to see in the next majort version of MSN / WIndows Messenger.

Personally I would like to have the ability of changing your contacts to sometihng of tyour choice...

HAving over 100 contacts myself I often forget who people are - as there e-mail address and current name bear no resemblance to who I know them as - very frustrating.

Why don't I know who they are? I go all over the net and pick up many contacts along the way ... also apparently the alcohol makes me dumb...

Silly but I'd like the ability to personalize my Away or BRB message. You suggestion would be nice too. Many time I wonder who the h*** you are :D

Well Messenger Plus already does that, but I guess MS could really expand upon it...

electronicpunk@ with the name "Electronic Punk" or <*> "Punk" 99% of the time makes mine well hard to guess :p

MSNM is one of the most useful IM programs that is out. I prefer MSNM over AIM and YIM. And I could care less for Trillian (inwhich I have never used) because it only works on other's ideas/methods, nothing original.

As for catch23's comment, Microsoft is thee best software developing company that exists to date. Now I am going to here the comment, "BUT ALL THE BUGS." What? You don't think MAC users run into problems? Or even *NIX users? There is one thing that will never disappear, and that's flaws/bugs in software/programs. MS got to where they are today because they make great programs. If you or anyone disagrees, then why are you using Windows?

To one and all who pick MS apart, quit your bitching or make something better.

And lastly, this site wouldn't even exist if it wasn't for Microsoft.

Two most basic features it should have.

The best features that the Messenger should get are defintely:

1) The ability to CONNECT invisible! (Not only when you're already online).

2) The ability to enlarge the video.

Other than that, it really is one good application.

I'll have to wait and see, I guess...:rolleyes:

In my messenger?

a brunette, a blond, and a redhead. and they don't know each other.

:cool:

As for the topic at hand..

Customizable away message
Ability to add contact information (like EP said)
And I'd like to be able to see how long a user has been signed onto MSNM for

And Gal had a good suggestion: ability to signon under invisible mode.

20 megs!!! ?

Thanks Gal, I will ammend my frontpage post now...

Anyone taken the plunge and can let me know why it is so damn big ?

Your going to have bugs in computer code - its a fact of life. Im not the worlds biggest fan of the Microsoft Corporations (The "suits"). The programers that Microsoft hires are only human, and when you have programs (ie Windows) that are over 1 million lines of code, and writen in at least 5 computer lanuages you are going to have problems. If you want the one of the only programs that will run with out any problems I can give you it:

#include <iostream>

using namespace std;

void main()
{
cout << "Hello world!/n";
}

Enjoy ^_^

THANK YOU! You said it yourself. Without Microsoft you would be stuck. Without Microsoft there would be no AIM, no Winamp, there'd be nothing. Computers would be far less advanced, meaning they'd still be slow 133MHz with 16MB RAM.

But, I am sure you will argue that.

if i download this version and intall it can i use it??? cause i think i read that u cant not log in so whats the point in having a download for it????

Without Microsoft you would be stuck

As much as I hate to admit it this is more than partly true, Mircosoft did open up the market, and make it more user friendly - for better or worse depending on your oppion.

People haven't been able to discover a FREE operating system because of MS...why would a software company make an application for linux when it wants to gain money...but nobody uses linux?

And in responce to this. One, most free operating systems are NOT easy to use, I'm a fan of Linux and run duel boot, but you do have to know what you are doing in Linux and the average person will not adapt as fast to it as they would to a Windows OS. Also there are more people out there that use Linux than people think - the Mexican government for one. And there are companys that make software for it and sell it. However, yes they are less in number than for say - MacOS.

I am done with this conversation, it is pointless to carry on. I see your point of view and I hope you see mine.

Just remember, without Microsoft we wouldn't be having this conversation on this forum, simply because this site is based on MS.

And to make this post related: I'd like to be able to add my own side tabs without having to code a huge bulk of code.

I am done. Good night.

renakuajo: because people are curious I guess, I also need confirmation that it doesn't work etc.

Would like to know why it is such a big download!
(Could come with the .net framework or something??)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back