"messager service" with XP

L

LOCK|DOWN

how the how do i get rid of these??

you know this new form of advertising that is like a net send msg.
its the worst because it steals the focus of my OS, which is a REAL problem when playing something like counterstrike, so is there way to turn this crap off?

please excuse me if this isnt the right thread for this kind of inquiry, if a admin could please bump this over to the prefered thread if this is not the right spot for it. thanks alot.

Turn the messanger service off in services. Start\administrative tools\services. Look for messanger service and disable it. Don't be fooled this is not part of the instant messaging program.

Hi LOCK|DOWN,

First off welcome to the boards:D

To disable messenger in services

Right click on My Computer>manage>WMI Control>Services.

Make your way down to Messenger and double click on it and then select disable then click your way out, disabling this service has no effect on MSNM service.

This apparently stops the spam advertising coming through MSNM

Hope this helps you

Alan

blu_md_wht.gif

Sorry Funky ;)

Your post hit as I was repling. [Must learn to type quicker hehe]

Alan

blu_md_wht.gif

awesome, thanks alot guys

i did both plus i found this

Get rid of windows messenger

Start->Run->"gpedit.msc""
-Computer Configuration
-Administrative Templates
-Windows Components
-Windows Messenger

Here you can enable "Do not allow Windows Messenger to be run" and "Do not automatically start Windows Messenger initially"

Good deal! Glad we could help. Enjoy your stay here at XP-Erience! ;) :D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back