"messager service" with XP

L

LOCK|DOWN

how the how do i get rid of these??

you know this new form of advertising that is like a net send msg.
its the worst because it steals the focus of my OS, which is a REAL problem when playing something like counterstrike, so is there way to turn this crap off?

please excuse me if this isnt the right thread for this kind of inquiry, if a admin could please bump this over to the prefered thread if this is not the right spot for it. thanks alot.

funky dredd

OSNN Veteran Addict
Turn the messanger service off in services. Start\administrative tools\services. Look for messanger service and disable it. Don't be fooled this is not part of the instant messaging program.

Alan

its only fun
Hi LOCK|DOWN,

First off welcome to the boards:D

To disable messenger in services

Right click on My Computer>manage>WMI Control>Services.

Make your way down to Messenger and double click on it and then select disable then click your way out, disabling this service has no effect on MSNM service.

This apparently stops the spam advertising coming through MSNM

Hope this helps you

Alan

L

LOCK|DOWN

awesome, thanks alot guys

i did both plus i found this

Get rid of windows messenger

Start->Run->"gpedit.msc""
-Computer Configuration
-Administrative Templates
-Windows Components
-Windows Messenger

Here you can enable "Do not allow Windows Messenger to be run" and "Do not automatically start Windows Messenger initially"

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arrangel