Merge two .avi files.

zino

OSNN Junior Addict
So i have two 400mb video files (.avi) which i would like to merge into one of perhaps the same format (.avi). The files are recordings i made with my new video camera of a camping trip and i would like to make a dvd to give out to some of my friends who went along.

Is there a decent app around that you folks know off hand?

thanks for any help.:)

the only one i know of is pinnicle studio and thats only because i use it to capture mpgs from my dv camcorder. other than that i don't know.

You should be able to import AVI files into any non-linear editing program and then export it into one file of any sort you want. And if you want it to be the same kind of AVI file, then there you go.

Melon

but melon he has two that he wants to merge, not just change file types.

VirtualDub!!!!!

File -> open video file.

Then

File -> append video file

Finally

File -> Save as avi.

I'm doing this from memory at work so the text on the menu's might be a little different but its going to be fairly close.

**EDIT**

Remember to set Vdub to "Direct Stream Copy" in the video menu, other wise it'll take forever and you'll get a HUGE file.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back