Mensa test

X-Istence

Political Access
Repost from my blog at http://personal.x-istence.com/node/106 :

Mensa is a body of people that are supposedly geniuses, there is an awesome test available online at http://mensa-test.com/. It has been said that only two members of Mensa have been able to get all of them, however I think the test must have been quite a bit harder when they took it, because I got 31 out of 33 correct answers so far.

There is some cultural bias, especially with regards to one of them which involves the US flag, and the 13 stripes that it contains.

I was up from 2200 hours EST Thursday till 0300 hours EST Friday to try and figure as many as possible out. I had figured out 29, one with the help of a friend, since I had no clue the American flag had 13 stripes. Since then I have gotten 2 more, and am since then at 31 correct out of 33.

If people ask, I will post answers, however I don't think it fair to post them now, because that would cause people to cheat.

The numbers I can't figure out: 28, and 30.

Good luck!

Update: Got number 28. That one is fairly hard.

Last edited:
I've met the requirements to join Mensa, I just haven't sent in the material they need, yet. I enjoy this kind of stuff so I'll give it a shot.

I don't think I would want to join Mensa, all the people that I know that are in Mensa are rather boring and have quite a bit of trouble thinking outside of the box.

(Not saying you are off course like this)

X-Istence said:
I don't think I would want to join Mensa, all the people that I know that are in Mensa are rather boring and have quite a bit of trouble thinking outside of the box.

(Not saying you are off course like this)

One of the things Mensa's web site says is that its members are from all walks of life. Some of them are undoubtedly very strange, but many are really outgoing and "normal." Of course you can't generalize a diverse group, but I know what you're saying, as "geniuses" often get labeled a certain way.

As far as joining goes, I wouldn't feel like I'd automatically fall under a negative stereotype. Besides, it looks good on a resume and college applications. :)

Interesting test indeed. I got 7 of the 33, then I lost interest :p

<<<<<<<has ADD :D

15/33 green so far, and 7 more i'm sure are right, but may be spelt wrong :s

Henyman said:
15/33 green so far, and 7 more i'm sure are right, but may be spelt wrong :s

That is a problem.

I got all 33 just a few minutes ago.

upto 18 right :D some of them just come to you suddenly!

I got 21. I found the answers later, and I would have never guessed them.
Soccer, rugby, and cricket aren't really popular here ;)

j79zlr said:

Those sports took a while to figure out. 21 is not bad though.

Got about 28 in an hour (but then I finished work)

sorry boss, if your reading ;p

j79zlr said:

Yeah, I know nothing about rugby and cricket.

Electronic Punk said:
Got about 28 in an hour (but then I finished work)

sorry boss, if your reading ;p

You're fired. (I kid, I kid) .... fun test. rather biased towards us, but alot of fun.

Just hit 19 on my first try (about a half hour). I know absolutely nothing about sports, so whatever answers have to do with sports, I'll never get.

Melon

got almost all before i resorted to google :p

Well, curiosity got the better of me. I have re-started and I'm at 31/33 with no Google. Im pretty stuck on 31 and 33 :rolleyes:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back