Memory

Moonwraith

OSNN Veteran Addict
Heya, I'm currently packing a gig of pc2700 Corsair Value Select (ouch) RAM. Which is plenty good for now, but when I upgrade the PC i thought i may as well take into account some new ram eventually.

I'm ordering my neo2 platinum next week. which works with upto ddr400? (correct me if i'm wrong). I'm not looking at spending a fortune but what RAM would you advise for a gaming system which has got to last quite some time :)

Thanks a lot!

(makes, models _anything_ would be of great help! cheers guys)

You'll want crucial pc3200(ddr400) from somewhere like overclockers.co.uk either there top notch ballistix or their value ram.

alternatviley Corsair Value ram is plenty good enough.

same mobo - I bought ballistix - no problems, pretty happy - plan to overclock one day when I have time to play....

my bad yo---i tried to help.

Cheers, (yeah brad, sorry shoulda made clear i was from UK - cheers for help though) Would you say the 2x512 pc2700 cas2.5 value select ram would be enough? (would i see any major gain from getting 4x 256 dual channel crucial ram?)

e.g. is it worth £150 extra on top of all the other stuff I'm already buying?

try OCZ they have some great stuff,
also its better to go for 2 512 mb sticks rather then 4 256 mb sticks, itll give you more upgrading opportunities later on.....

Urghhh, Well i'll never need anything more than a gig; So surely 4x 256 would be the best way if it's worth me doing the upgrade?

no, go for 2x512. that way ull use 2 slots, so later on you can fill up the other 2 .
price should be the same or maybe even less.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back