Memory

Evil Marge

I Rule
Political Access
Yo! More about memory..i have just looked in the task manager and it says that from 128 k memory total i have 16.429 left ...well surely the computer should be able to do a few things at a time with that amount of memory left ? I have been trying to run weather satellite software and messenger at the same time but the weather sat software crashed ... it seems it's too much for the computer ? Why is it doing this with all that spare memory ?

Marge when you do CTRL+ALT+DELETE try pressing performance then it will tell you how much memory you are using mine says 112mb out of my 256mb check out ure and report back

Adam:D

16mb isnt alot for XP to play with not with what your running. For XP anyway you should have a minimum of 256mb.. ideally 512mb.

Hi again, well , where it says physical memory (k) it says total 129.540 and then it says ..Available .13.452 . Does that tell you anything ? If there are 13 MB left why can't it cope ?

because 13 megs isnt alot of memory left for xp to play with i think you should consider buying an extra 256 megs of ram

Put more memory in. I start to panic when I have 50mb free. XP needs at least 256mb. It is easy to install. ;)

Originally posted by marge simpson
Hi again, well , where it says physical memory (k) it says total 129.540 and then it says ..Available .13.452 . Does that tell you anything ? If there are 13 MB left why can't it cope ?

you have a 128mb ram module. you are using the bare minimum for xp to function i believe, it is recommended to have at least 256mbs. increasing to 256 will drastically improve system performance and load times.

i think your all missing the point of his question.

why doesnt it use the total amount of ram thats in the computer?

there is 128 meg of ram. why doesnt it use all 128, why isnt it using the remaining 13 meg?

When marge opens another program that 13mb is not enough so it is being used but it is useless.

[chanting]more memory marge more memory marge[/chanting] :D

yromem erom deen uoy

darB

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back