Memory testing software

luish

OSNN Senior Addict
hey..

i got 2 X 256mb ram sticks and i think one of them is bad...
allways my computers hangs in the middle of everything and i think that the problem is the memory... so... is there a good problem to test the sticks?
so i can know which of them isnt working well??

luish

OSNN Senior Addict
ok, a friend told me to download MS memory Diagnostic tool and i runned it and it told me all my memory is ok...
so... what is my problem..
Whenever i run a game... the pc gots stuck, i formatted, made a clean xp install, install new drivers, install direct dx, and i dont know what is the problem... please help me!!!!

GoNz0

NTFS Stoner
take a stick out, give the pc some hammer, if it dont lock up you already removed the bad stick.

(do you see where im going ;) )

if that fails, google for memtest 86

GoNz0

NTFS Stoner
also check the heatsink on the video card and CPU is clean, if its been in for more than 6 months, then chance is you will need to apply some decent heatsink paste.

luish

OSNN Senior Addict
the video card is new and i cleaned the cpu fan...
windows works right but when i open a game it just dies...
can it be the sound card?

GoNz0

NTFS Stoner
take it out and try again, for your information, the guys & girls who put the heatsinks on video cards are blind and doing it by touch.

i have only ever seen 1 card out the packet where the paste coverd the entire GPU chip. it's worth taking it off to check.

also try a driver cleaner tool like NFR (nasty file remover) make sure theres no leftover drivesr on the system conflicting.

dreamliner77

The Analog Kid
1) Run memtest86. If it finds errors, remove one stick, and run it on just one stick. If that's ok, swap sticks and run.

2) Have you modified your pagefile?

3) What game is it? Perhaps 512 is not enough.

4) Have you installed dx9?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mopiyaloog