Memory programs

Sinster

OSNN Senior Addict
What is the best program to get my memory back. I have used Maxmem, and have tried ramrocket.

Iva had best results with clearmem from microsoft. Dont know the link just go to microsofts website and search for clearmem.

Yeah clearmem is a good mem tool. Simple but good! I used a mem tool once called MemTurbo 2.1! Pretty neat tool! Im not sure if its compatible with XP! And its not free!

But i know a pretty good memtool wich is compatible with XP! And best of all, its free as far as i know :p

You don't need to purchase expensive computer memory in order to speed up your PC - The Cacheman utility is designed to improve the performance of your computer by optimizing the disk cache, memory and a number of other settings. Cacheman prevents frequent paging to the hard disk caused by poor memory management, so you get improved performance, faster system reaction time and greater stability. Wizards and predefined profiles make it suitable for novices and yet it is also powerful and versatile enough for the more experienced user. Cacheman also corrects generic problems on systems with more than 512MB of RAM.

Download Cacheman 5.11 : Here

LightWave

Clearmem Download Link

Does anyone know the link to download Clearmem from? I have gone to Microsoft.com and done a search from there but I can't find any download link, and it doesn't seem to be listed in the products section. Can anyone help?

Eve :p

go to the home page of this site and look at the little table at the top under hotest downloads

You are much better off not using a third party tool to manage memory in this OS. XP has built in memory management and actually does a fine job - much better than any prior OS - and better than any utilities.

I use alittle prog called rambooster...small gui prog that is customizable...check it out works with all win os's

just use clearmem..there is a reason that MS made it :) and think clearmem is what 100k? all those other programs are like 2 meg just because they have a GUI.

Clearmem works best :)

if you need a program, ram idle is good, BUT, allans post is the most acurate on this topic, you'll lose performance if you don't let xp manage your ram

Originally posted by dealer
if you need a program, ram idle is good, BUT, allans post is the most acurate on this topic, you'll lose performance if you don't let xp manage your ram

I agree.

All these memory programs do is take info from memory and throw into the pagefile. It serves absolutely no good purpose to do this.

WinXP is NOT Win9x. Its time to quit treating it like it is.

When an application needs more memory, XP will give it what it needs. IMHO, XP knows better than any 3rd-party tool what needs managing.

XP Pro uses a hell of a lot of ram eh..

cuz i have a dual boot with the exact same settings.

When i boot into 98SE i have 250mb free of 320mb ram
When i boot into XP i have 180mb free of 320mb ram

thats crazzzzzy, but i still love XP :)

well of course it uses more memory! did anyone one actualy buy XP and think it wouldn't?. Itsa bigger program for one. Did anyone upgrade from DOS to windows and say "starnge it uses more RAM"? no because everyone knows it was bigger and more powerful and there for requires more power to run it!

.....and relax

yea i know.. but even after i limit everything.. 70megs is a lot for my lil PC

ANyone know where I can find clearmem, I tried to download from m$, but couldn't find it? Or could someone email it to me

Sorry, I'm an idiot and didn't even try looking on this site. Shame on me.

THis is why I shouldn't do this right after waking up!

Ramidle

I use RAMidle its part of customizerXP it uses 625k of mem to run in background and can be set to freeup as much as you like with a time setting or minimum free setting it shows free amount on taskbar near clock and it frees up on start with a setting for that amount also ..........it dont hasstle you at all once set, I disable it when playing games so it dont interfere with that, right click on it disable .......... I like it :D

tried out clearmem...works good except you gotta go to the cmd prompt to run it...so I just wrote alittle batch file with a shortcut on the desktop and bam works like a charm.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back