Memory problem and WinXP

W

wales2442

Hi, can anyone answer this question for me? I have recently purchased an extra 256mb of DDR Ram for my system. Windows is still showing that i have only got 256mb and not 512mb. Done some tests with Dr Hardware and SySoft Sandra and they are showing that i have 512mb. In bios it is also showing 512mb, so the memory is being accepted and working. On my motherboard there a 3 banks available to me. In SySoft it is saying that only one bank is being used and the other two are empty. I have swopped the sticks around and it always shows one mem bank empty. Any advice or help on this? Thanks.

Tried both suggestions, but WinXP still registers only 256mb, and SySoft is still saying that one of the banks is still empty. This is now confusing me because bios is registering 526mb, Dr Hardware is saying 526mb, SySoft is saying that my limit is 256mb and then showing that i have got 526mb installed. Help. PS. thanks for the reply.

Originally posted by wales2442
Tried both suggestions, but WinXP still registers only 256mb, and SySoft is still saying that one of the banks is still empty. This is now confusing me because bios is registering 526mb, Dr Hardware is saying 526mb, SySoft is saying that my limit is 256mb and then showing that i have got 526mb installed. Help. PS. thanks for the reply.

I haven't had this problem with XP however I did have this problem with Win98 and ME and a clean install of Windows fixed most of them and the rest was either a limitation of the MB and/or bad or incompatable ram. Try a reinstall or a clean install of windows and see if that helps. :confused:

Re-Install......

That always the best answer !!! :happy:

Matter of fact : Thats what I do when I get stuck on a problem ! :happy:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back