Memory could not be "read"

G

Gouk

Recently I had a problem with my graphics card and had it replaced and I get memory errors now but the graphics card seems fine.

Look at the attachment for a screenshot of the error dialog box.

I get this with quite a few programs.

What seems to be the problem?

Is the system memory overclocked? Have you tested the memory for errors? If this is not the problem then I don't know what is. Sorry...

There are "normal" and "fast" settings in the memory setup in BIOS. The corsair should handle the fast setting fine but set it back to normal to see if the problem clears up.

A memory problem could be the Mmeory, the MB chipset, the program you are running, or ven a weak PSU. Speaking of PSU you did not mention make or rating.

Try things one at a time.

I even had a cheap PCI sound card that started causing memory errors. Drove me nuts until I upgraded and suddenly all the problems disappeared.

I've had this problem before and it's most definately a page file issue. Turn off your page file, restart (maybe to a scandisk, bad sectors could be causing this) and then turn it back on :)

Originally posted by Quick Reply
I've had this problem before and it's most definately a page file issue. Turn off your page file, restart (maybe to a scandisk, bad sectors could be causing this) and then turn it back on :)

Nope, that didn't work.

this has happened to me b4. i had to replace my 420watt psu, because it was faulty. luckily, i found this out early on, so i could replace the psu.

And I've had this happen before also. I had a stick of 512MB and all was good. Then I got another stick and started getting the same errors. Only got it a few times in windows, mainly while opening outlook express. The rest of the time I got it when I tried to play games and the game would grash and give me that error. I replaced the bad stick, hasn't happened since.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back