memorex 16maxx - plz help!

A

andersh3

Hi.
Im getting mad! I cant burn with my cdburner! I have a memorex 16maxx and running XP of course. I tried both nero and easy cd creator with the updates, but it doesnt make any difference. I also tried with different cd's. Sometimes it burns, but most of the time it doesnt. I have watched it while it is burning and after a while the light at the cdburner get green. Anyone know what I can do to fix this?

anders

welcome too

the site I see your new.... can you try and explain a little more about what your trying to burn? is it a game? a music cd? a bootable xpsp1?

I have found that somethings need to be burned at a lower speed to overcome errors.... I have found 12x to work most times but have had to go as low as 4x on some other things... I find nero a better product imho...

try different cd-r's. if you have crappy ones, they won't work well at higher speeds. also make sure they're rated at 16x or more. if they are, try lowering the burn speed to, say, 4x and see if it burns okay.

Hi

Thx for the welcome-msg and quick reply.
I have tried different cd's and and checked than I can burn in 16X and above. Could the cdburner have a bug or something? I bought a year ago and it shouldnt be any problem with it. I talked to the shop today, but they dont know - the generally know little... :) Anyway - it works sometimes, but thats after 5 cd's in the garbaget. So im thinking of throwing the cdburner too...

anders.

well, about the thing with burning faster than 16x on a 16x max drive. it may give you the option to burn faster than that, but that doesn't mean that you necessarily CAN burn that fast. and about problems burning, does it just not want to burn, or do the CD's start to copy, and then stop part way and don't work when you try to use them?

After a while the red light(shows that its burning a cd) on the burner gets green and then its error. It can be at the beginning, in the middle or just at the end.

anders.

update the firmware. with an updated one.

See if that helps. If it doesnt i would recommend a trip to: www.directron.com and checking their sweet deals.

Also check this site (www.xp-erience.com) goto downloads. And download the newest ASPI Layers.

Lemme know if you want anymore trouble.

Email me. :cool:

how is your writer connected? coz mine has the same problem unless its primary slave....

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back