Mega Machines

That thing is huge.... Looks almost surreal in that last shot.

That is the largest scoop loader in the world; it’s the only one in the world. It is used on the strip mines. I was watching a show on discovery channel about it. They were stating it can fill a football stadium in an hour from all the dirt it moves.

Were you watching Mega Machines on Discovery Channel...
It was on today which made me find more pics of this mammoth machine...
-Jack

anyone know the MPG for those? :p or do we need to switch our units to something like Metres per Gallon?

I wouldnt be surprised it it was like.03 miles per gallon...
but its interesting, some of the mega machines like a stip mine shovel(not real name) are electric... and its the size of a building.

I think you need a special license - some of these need more than one driver/operator and (probably) a mechanic or engineer too - and can you afford the insurance? :p

Vanquished said:
Were you watching Mega Machines on Discovery Channel...
It was on today which made me find more pics of this mammoth machine...
-Jack

They have had a couple of seperate shows on just that and some others. That is the only one in the world. They were saying something about it running on electricity also. I'll have to find some more info on it ..

Mainframeguy said:
I think you need a special license - some of these need more than one driver/operator and (probably) a mechanic or engineer too - and can you afford the insurance? :p

I don't think any insurance company would insure me once they know what I am going to do! :laugh:

Ha Yeah,
Never mind the insurance, how are you gonna come up with the 100 million dollars it costs to build and the 26,000 dollars it costs to run per month?
-Jack

NLM said:
Print Money
Yah just hang on a second im gonna go steal a machine from the mint
/walks into the mint and takes a machine/
there we go, now lets print some money!
Jack

Last edited:
Vanquished said:
Yah just hang on a second im gonna go steek a machine from the mint
/walks into the mint and takes a machine/
there we go, now lets print some money!
Jack

You are Very sneak!

Paypal it to me!

Yes, Yes i am very sneak...
But im gonna need all the money in the mint to afford one of these bad boys!

omg. if i saw this thing id be so freaked out. suminn from mars.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back