media player

B

bleedink

i dunno what happened but recently in media player it erased all the artist listings...i still have album listings and all audio...but it no longer organizes itself in terms of that listing and the + sign that was next to it disappeared too...i had no idea how annoying a gazillion songs might get without organizing them, which up until recently xp did fairly well at...

Very unusual problem.
Did you do any tweaks? What other players did you install?
What I mean is that this probably didn't happen "out of the blue", but that things happened before that.
What is your sequence of events? What did you install or uninstall before the problem appeared?
Any details will help all of us to try to help you.

i did run a reg cleaner and a dll cleaner! i may have just answered my own question. i have a couple divx players on here and the divx codecs for windows...other than that most of my software i wouldnt think would be in conflict as its mostly graphic programs. i of course thought of reinstalling it but microsoft was so kind as to embed it into the os so im thinking thats not possible...thanks for your help....

Those reg cleaners can be a mess. The one that comes with System Mechanic was repeatedly deleting needed dll's and reg keys, so I dumped it and reinstalled the affected apps.
Same problem with RegVac. It took way more than it should have.
Right now, I'm sticking with Vuorni's (sp?) RegCleaner 4.3 and so far no probs.
The WinDoctor with Norton Utilities 2002 seems to leave the good stuff alone, too.
I've decided to leave my dll's alone, unless I can save the removed ones. But sometimes an app fails and doesn't tell you which dll is missing, so you can't restore it.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back