media player crash

S

sushizz

Help me plz,

I'm a Windows XP Home Ed. user.
Media player crashes when I try to open a media file with>>
File>>Open....

When I open a mediafile in Explorer Media player plays the file and it doesn't crash..I already re-installed Windows XP and also installed the service pack but it didn't work...

Anyone have a solution or suggestion??

ThanX

i'm using windows media player 8 the one that comes with windows XP...and no it's theres nothing wrongwith the files cause when i open the file in explorer the media player plays the file just fine... the problem is when i open media player and try to open a file with >> File >> open, the i get a crash in the media player.

hi:

got www.lavasoftusa.com

download ad-aware and do the scan

this will detect adbots and spyware that will mess with your system

delete everything it finds

try the files again

if you get problems you must have downloaded a bad codec

nimco codec pack made a similar problem for me so if you have that installed
uninstall it and try the file again

if it wont play but does not crash you've found the source and we'll help you find the proper codec

please post your results

cheers
egghaed

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back