Media Player 9 killed my media player!!!

P

Phantom_24

Yes...I know it was a beta and all the cautions that come with it so spare the "I told ya so's....." LOL!

Anyway, after installin teh WMP 9 beta 2 weeks ago, it worked great for a week, but NOW it won't play ANY type of format....keeps giving me "unknown format" errors for EVERYTHING....MPG, AVI, ASF and even MP3 !!

Anyway....anyone have a link for the 9 beta, lost mine. or at least some way of uninstalling it....let me guess...I CAN'T uninstall it, right ?!?!

i have no idea how to fix it, but how great is WMP9 and when is it coming out?

If system restore is not avaliable to you - the only other quick way to fix it is to delete the wmplayer.exe file from the root:\programfiles\windows media player\ folder
then you need to boot your machine to the WinXP CD and select repair

:)

Exactly how DO you use repair?!

I've tried in the past when I first got XP, and something corrupted a system32 file, but was NEVER able to get Repair running....which would be GREAT, just so I have that extra ability to keep this OS running clean and smoooooth!!! This is the first OS in which I've had the SAME install running for almost a year...with no need to format for some stupid problem !!!

LOL!!

Thanx guys !!

i have the same problem, no streaming vids work for me now...... im building a new system in a month or so, ill just wait till then.

i dont wanna be bother with the stupid repair tool

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back