Media Player 8

Kush

High On Life!
In windows Media Player 8 when i play some asf's or mpg's i cant fast forward if i try to it just puts the marker back to where it is. is there a way i can get around that?

I have never really noticed it on MPGs, but I cannot FF or RW ASFs either. I don't believe that the ASF format provides for individual frame identifiers (guessing by reasoning), otherwise, you could use FF and RW.

you are right

yeah sorry it hasnt happend on mpgs only asf's

ASF will only allow you to fast forward and rewind if it is an absolute complete stream that has been closed it seems. If it's only a partial stream that has any data missing on the end or is incomplete in anyway it seems to force you to suffer through the whole stream (yuck) I don't know the exact mechanics of why this is, but I tested it a few times when I was getting mad about one of my simpsons episodes not fast forwarding heheh

Yeah

Yeah i undresstand, but is there a way to get around this like downloading a program or something?

If you use a program called divx fix you can strip the index of the file and play it normally without a problem:) :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back