• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Media Player 8

Kush

High On Life!
In windows Media Player 8 when i play some asf's or mpg's i cant fast forward if i try to it just puts the marker back to where it is. is there a way i can get around that?

S

Sprung

I have never really noticed it on MPGs, but I cannot FF or RW ASFs either. I don't believe that the ASF format provides for individual frame identifiers (guessing by reasoning), otherwise, you could use FF and RW.

ASF will only allow you to fast forward and rewind if it is an absolute complete stream that has been closed it seems. If it's only a partial stream that has any data missing on the end or is incomplete in anyway it seems to force you to suffer through the whole stream (yuck) I don't know the exact mechanics of why this is, but I tested it a few times when I was getting mad about one of my simpsons episodes not fast forwarding heheh

D

dmtuc10

If you use a program called divx fix you can strip the index of the file and play it normally without a problem:) :)

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pdawgintown