media player 10 fullscreen music playback problem...

Psyborg

google addict
Political Access
when i press alt+enter to see fullscreen visualisation, the screen goes black, and in between theres like bits of what looks like the cursor goin massive size, like a screen res prolem, and then it goes back into normal playing mode. i've googled it and seen the problem replicated, but nothing like a re-install works, and i can use realplayer fine in fullscreen, and movies work fine in fullscreen in media player, so im thinking is it a visualisation problem, but none of them seemed to work properly. it worked before... :(

Did you happen to try a system restore to a point before it started messing up?

do you have the latest video drivers, as well as DirectX? I know you said other players work fine, but it could be driver compatability with certain versions of WMP

psyborg go to options plug-ins, and make sure all the properties for the visuals are set to the lowest settings and see if that helps, you may be trying to display a visual that your card cannot process.

Does this happen with all the visuals are just a few? If its just a few perhaps your card does not supports opengl (or the newer version), or dx9 etc..

What v/card are you using?

i have all the latest versions of stuff and all the updates, i only noticed it today after a weekend spent fixing this- http://forum.osnn.net/showthread.php?t=79566

so now im just wonderin, it wasnt a weekend wasted when i learned somethin, but perhaps this particular as yet un-named virus could have done more damage than i thought. so i'm just thinking, after all my defragging, updating and searchin today, why in the name of god did i not just leave my son crawlin around on the floor happy as he was, instead o pickin him up and wantin to play his fave psychidellic grafix!!!! :( did i hear someone say reinstall? after all that? i really, really, dont want to. i want to see how long i can productively use my computer without reinstalling... :(

psybord, go to http://housecall.trendmicro.com/, do the full scan IN SAFE MODE. Also download and install this:

http://www.ewido.net/en/download/, do the updates and again run it in safe mode.

Also download the newest version of hijackthis and run it and create a log, either paste or upload the log to your next post and i'll look at it and see what else needs to go.

This really is a good tried and true method to kill alot of virus's and/or spyware.

Let us know.

done that lancer, set them to their highest, and lowest settings, its a toshiba satellite a30-203 laptop, p4+256mb ram, and directx 9 came preinstalled, and i never had any problems before playing full screen in either media player 9 or 10. attached below is a diagnostics report if that helps?View attachment DiagnosticReport.txt

and why does it have no problems playing movies in fullscreen, but not visualisations? :cry:

well try what i suggested reagarding scanning.

ok, stil in safe mode, but gonna post results in my other thread bout msn worm, ok?

Psy, didn't we address that msn issue? I thought I remember we found it. a nice BHO proxy server to delete, and a hosts file to cleanup.

I'm researching your current issue now, more later

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back