Media Help (Premiere)

lancer

There is no answer!
Political Access
Ok perhaps an admin can change the title.

This is what i need help with.

At present i use two programs to manipulate my videos and one linux script. To me this seems a little stupid.

I use Adobe Premiere Pro 1.5 and Cleaner XL

1) I use the Premiere program to capture my DV tapes and edit the captured avi's.

2) I use the Cleaner program to cleaner the avi's by brightness contrast etc... add our logo to the file and then convert the file to mpegs.

3) I then use a linux script that adds a legal adendum to the front of the finished movies.

Is there another program that could do all this? either in batch form or manually. Premiere pro doesn't have a batch feature, Cleaner locks up all the time, if the avi or other format is not encoded just right and the linux code just seems so convuluted. This whole process was in place before i started this job, but i feel there could be a far better way of doing things.

Also i think using mpeg-4 or at least mpeg-2 would be a smarter choice.

I hope someone is able to help.

Price isn't important.

This is all for a pc, plus my specs are very high as you would expect for a video editing machine.

1) I use the Premiere program to capture my DV tapes and edit the captured avi's.

use winDV or dv capture live, both freeware

2) I use the Cleaner program to cleaner the avi's by brightness contrast etc... add our logo to the file and then convert the file to mpegs

i would use avisynth and virtualdub (for mpeg4/avi) or HCEnc for mpeg2

3) I then use a linux script that adds a legal adendum to the front of the finished movies.

can also be done within the avisynth script, all in one step. elaborate? is the addendum in the form of an image file, small clip, etc?

Also i think using mpeg-4 or at least mpeg-2 would be a smarter choice.

what is the aim? where is the file going to end up/who's it for?

Price isn't important.

damn straight, everything i've suggested is freeware, quick, stable and automated for the most part ;)

can also be done within the avisynth script, all in one step. elaborate? is the addendum in the form of an image file, small clip, etc?

its a small mpeg clip that attaches to the beginning of all the clips i make, like a legal thing.

Adobe Premeire 2.0 has Batch capture capabilities, and I think 1.5 does as well. You can make a legal Title in Premeire (File>New>Title) Then just apply that to all your clips (I think you can automate this as well) Adobe is very smart about that kind of stuff, so I am sure there is a way to do it.

As for your touching up, one of those freeware apps Vertigo mentioned would work, or you could use After Effects or even Premiere itself.

On a side note, have you looked at Edius?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back