Medal Of Honor...

Hi...When I play MOHAA MP DEMO the game runs smooth and fast etc-wonderful graphics...But I have noticed one thing while playing (now bear with me as this is hard to explain!)...When you are standing in front of a door frame or the end of a wall or anything with vertical lines and you move your mouse round from left to right or vice versa a sort of invisible line or lines appear to come off the vertical horizontally! phew! lol...told you it was hard to explain!...however if you move your mouse the same way but SLOWER then the invisible line or lines hardly show at all...I was wondering if anyone first of all understands me! and has experienced this themselves?...I know I am being picky 'cause the graphics are awesome in this game but I'm just curious if anyone else has noticed this?
Thanks from Colin.

P.S.-I also downloaded an official demo movie of MOH and sure enough there are invisible lines coming off the verticals.
I am using a Radeon 9800 pro.

I think i know what u are talking about it kind of pissed me off at first to so i started playing around with the graphics and i found if u up your refresh rate on your monitor it helps mine is up to 100 mhz and the "invisible lines" are still there but not that noticeable..

Thanks Chase™...

Chase™ said:
I think i know what u are talking about it kind of pissed me off at first to so i started playing around with the graphics and i found if u up your refresh rate on your monitor it helps mine is up to 100 mhz and the "invisible lines" are still there but not that noticeable..

Thanks Chase™...Will up the refresh rate...thanks for your advice :)

Thought I was seeing things, glad someone knows what I mean! :p

Damn!...monitor only goes to 85 htz :mad: oh well.

By the way does anyone know the best screen resoloution to set when playing games...or does it not really matter?

Thanks...Colin.

ofcourse it matters i run all my games at 1024*768 on a viewsonic 19 inch i find the higher i go the sharper the image but it does get smaller..play around with the resolution to see what's best for u..What size is your monitor?

Hi Chase™...It's a 17" CRT monitor. I am getting a bigger one soon. I think I will try the res. on this at 1024*768 for the moment.
One last question...which type of monitor is best for gaming CRT or TFT...I have heard that a CRT is better?
As you are probably aware I am new to the gaming so all your advice is really appreciated...Thanks Colin.

My buddy has a 17" monitor and he plays all his games at 1024*768 and he says his games run great.. Well i am sure u could get a TFT monitor that would look great but for the price i would stick with CRT..TFT are better from what i read but pretty expesive.

Hi Chase™...thanks again :)
...by the way I got this reply in another forum regarding the MOH thing-it seems you were right about the refresh rate.
Colin.

..."its because your monitor and video card are out of sync its called tearing. Ive never played the game before but if there is a setting for vsync make sure its selected. Also make sure your monitor is at its max fresh rate".

vsych synchronizes your FPS to your monitor's refresh rate. so if you refresh rate is set to 60hz, the most fps you will get is 60. My monitor does 100mhz @ 1024*768 so i get 100 fps in most of the game but drops down to 60mhz. ;)

interesting...never knew that

vsync is this setting on the card settings,game settings or monitor settings? :confused:

i am pretty sure vsync is on by default on the video card but u have to turn it on in the game.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back