Mech 4 Mercs Woes

G

Gecko

Having problems with trying to connect with any multiplayer server. I can see them just fine but when I try to join I get a message window that says that 'Cannot connect to server. Either you are experiencing network problems or the server has vanished' I have disabled all the firewalls on my system to play but I still get this error. Anyone else having these problems or if you can connect could you please tell me what you did to be able to connect?

No mech packs, No mods And my buddy has all the mech packs and he has the same problem as I do.

Ok and update..It seems that in order to play multiplayer I nned to open certain ports. Can anyone pls help me here on which ports I need to open?

Gecko,
I had the same exact problem.
Are you using a firewall by any chance?
I use the XP Firewall (i know ,its a 1 way thing) and I am behind a router.
Once I disabled the Firewall I was able to join servers. I dont know specifically what ports to forward so I disable the firewall totally when playing.
The router is a great first line of defense.

The only firewall I have running is the one for Xp. But even when I disable it I still cannot connect. I also am behind a router SMC 7004 ABR. I know the ports I have to open in order to play but I am unsure how to configure the router properly. Does anyone know how to configure a SMC 7004 ABR router properly in order to play Mech 4 Mercs? And if you do please tell me. Thanks in advance.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back