McAffee just isolated TeaTimer.exe!

Mainframeguy

Debiant by way of Ubuntu
My McAffee on demand scan AV just isolated teatimer.exe, which I believe is part of my SpyBot S&D install - see here - Anyone else had this? Will it be fixed in SpyBot final? What does it do? :confused:

Kush

High On Life!
mcaffee sucks, it never finds viruses even if updated, and i hate it

L

Lee

Tea timer I don't think innoculates your system, it checks all writing to and from registry, system and lags your system like we are all g...o..i..nnnnn...gggg rrrrrrrrreallllllllllllll sloooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow!

Gordy

OSNN Newbie
I have SpyBot S&D v1.2 but I don't have any file named teatime on my computer.
Maybe teatime is something similar to ptsnoop.exe which is just an info trojan program and not really a virus.

Xie

- geek -
Gordy said:
I have SpyBot S&D v1.2 but I don't have any file named teatime on my computer.
Maybe teatime is something similar to ptsnoop.exe which is just an info trojan program and not really a virus.
TeaTimer comes with SpyBot 1.3 I believe ;)

LeeJend

OSNN Veteran Addict
I saw a warning message somewhere that "some" AV was tagging "some" spyware detector. Can't remember the details. Do a google befor3e you panic. I think it's alright.
There was either a work around or it said to go back to an older spyware detector until it was fixed.

Xie

- geek -
LeeJend said:
I saw a warning message somewhere that "some" AV was tagging "some" spyware detector. Can't remember the details. Do a google befor3e you panic. I think it's alright.
There was either a work around or it said to go back to an older spyware detector until it was fixed.
NAV has an "Exclusions" list .. I would think most anti-virus apps would have something similiar.

indymedic

OSNN One Post Wonder
teatimer.exe

teatimer.exe is part of spybot S&D, I recently enabled the "Internet Explorer resident" protection from the tools menu and noticed the teatimer thing in my processes list. Go back to the "tools" menu in Spybot V1.3 and there is a box to uncheck and disable it if you want (it's labelled teatimer protection or something like that). I agree with the other post that it seems to slow the system down unacceptably.

Johnny

.. Commodore ..
Political Access
themafia_69 said:
You got that wrong - Norton Sux !

It bogs your system down, it takes over your system, it crashes your system, it kills your system, it don't play well with others, and most of the time to uninstall it you have to reformat ..

tdinc

OSNN Veteran Addict
Political Access
agrees :) norton is like a "virus" itself l :D completely hog ties the system

Ferral_Imp

OSNN Senior Addict
themafia_69 said:
Johnny said:
You got that wrong - Norton Sux !

It bogs your system down, it takes over your system, it crashes your system, it kills your system, it don't play well with others, and most of the time to uninstall it you have to reformat ..
I tried both of them and they both bog your system down to some degree or another. Also they both have their own unique bugs/quirks to them that make you wanna scream and grab the ol' crowbar to rip em off your comp till you figure them out.

oh and McAffee is an attempted computer killer

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.
Terrahertz wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Yo fellas!
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Where are you buddy?
Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Hey EP! All good with me, applying for Microsoft MVP right now, should have done this a while ago.

Notifications don't work, I only found your response by coming back to hunt up some threads, if you want, give me your email address so we can keep in touch easier!
Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
EP, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LucyHennessy