Mcafee VIruscan 9.0 Home Edition

bikemanAMD

OSNN Junior Addict
Hi

I'm wondering if Mcafee really is good, or if it's terrible antivirus program..this is in relation to Network problem I keep having, I can't seem to access my internal lan at all, I currently have Installed Norton Antivirus 2005 with Internet worm protection on(doesn't matter if I turn that off or not) still won't work, then magically later it will start working all by itself, very frustrating problem.

Friend has told me Norton isn't good, and I should use Mcafee, but I don't want to switch if it's the wrong decision

Wouldn't happen to do with network problem renewing WAN IP or LAN IP's would it.

Help please

Antivirus apps are as good as their latest definitions.

norton is better then mcafee

as far as resources, get rid of both of those and install the avg free antivirus

Yeah..well I don't know if it's Norton or something else making the lan act up, it worked for half hour yesterday, then doesn't anymore, then all of a sudden it will work. (driving me nuts really).

AVG I have tried before, and I didn't like it myself..

Just want really whatever is causing this LAN Problem fixed as soon as Possible, if it's Norton, then it's outta here and Mcafee's going in--since I only trust Commerical Programs--Norton or Mcafee..when I tried AVG, I really disliked it after a while. But I will try to figure out most of this little problem myself if I can, and also on which program I intend to use for next year or two

mcafee is trash in my opinion half the computers in my school are infected with viruses. they have mcafee and they are updated yet they dont catch any viruses, and avg caught them right away! norton also sucks monkey balls, i used to use that but then i found out it was stupid. im talking from years of experiance with these products avg just rocks and doesnt hog resources

Well thanks for your opinion, but I'll go with what I feel is good, and works for me, since I didn't like AVG the times I tried it, on my Pc and ex g/f's PC, and girlfriends PC..so been on Norton most of the time since year 1999..but considering switching to Mcafee sometime, especially if it would possibly solve my internal lan problems

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back