Mbr

trackrat

Birmingham UK
I have 2 drives on my computer and on the second drive I intend to put linux on which means I will use the GRUB loader to duel boot. If it all goes wrong can I use the repair function on the XP cd to restore the master boot record back to just XP or do I have to edit the boot ini file?.

all you have to do is boot to a win 98 boot floppy and use the command --> fdisk /mbr

I'm about 90% sure I've used thsi with NTFS and experienced zero problems

well.. this thread is 2 days old but I'll put in my 2 cents anyways... What I normally do if I want to start using Windows idea of having the MBR (like I no longer want to run Linux or something), I well just pop in my Windows XP CD, boot from the CD, go into the recoverly console and type in fixmbr, press enter, then when it asks, just type in "y" for yes and press enter and let it do it's thingy and then type in exit then enter to restart your computer.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back