Mbr

trackrat

Birmingham UK
I have 2 drives on my computer and on the second drive I intend to put linux on which means I will use the GRUB loader to duel boot. If it all goes wrong can I use the repair function on the XP cd to restore the master boot record back to just XP or do I have to edit the boot ini file?.

Wolf1.8

OSNN Junior Addict
all you have to do is boot to a win 98 boot floppy and use the command --> fdisk /mbr

blinden

OSNN Senior Addict
I'm about 90% sure I've used thsi with NTFS and experienced zero problems

scsa20

Simonsoft Network
well.. this thread is 2 days old but I'll put in my 2 cents anyways... What I normally do if I want to start using Windows idea of having the MBR (like I no longer want to run Linux or something), I well just pop in my Windows XP CD, boot from the CD, go into the recoverly console and type in fixmbr, press enter, then when it asks, just type in "y" for yes and press enter and let it do it's thingy and then type in exit then enter to restart your computer.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest forum posts

Latest profile posts

Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.
Terrahertz wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Yo fellas!
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Where are you buddy?
Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Hey EP! All good with me, applying for Microsoft MVP right now, should have done this a while ago.

Notifications don't work, I only found your response by coming back to hunt up some threads, if you want, give me your email address so we can keep in touch easier!
Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
EP, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LucyHennessy

Affiliated sites