Maybe my new car... (He finally got it...)

Re: Maybe my new car .. I find out monday, hopefully.

****, that's is really unlucky man.

Sorry, Bro.

Tough break man, sorry :(

Johnny said:
Well I talked to the insurance adjuster. They only gave me trade in value for my car. That leaves me upside down, and the possibility of getting new one way off. I hate insurance agents, I really hate insurance agents.

In a nut shell; I'm screwed :( :(

Not that I am a lawyer, but if you sue the other insurance and/or your own insurance, eventually they will cave (to avoid extra expense)

I have personal experience in the matter, I was in an accident with my Isuzu pick up truck, and the total between my insurance and the guy I ran into (he got the ticket for not yielding the right of way) only covered the truck repairs. My other costs included:

My hospital bill - $389 only to check for concussion mind you... (no.. "thats what happened to you" jokes please)
Rental Car (one extra day they said insurance only covered 10 days it took the repair facility 12, the first day I went without a car) $45? I dont remember I know it was less than 50 bucks
and one day off work for the day after my crash which I was making 18 an hour times 8... $144

for a Grand total of: $578.00

I had a lawyer friend send in a letter with all the legalize... and two days later BAM a check for an even $600.00

Its not like it was a frivalous lawsuit... and from the sound of it, yours isnt either.. keep in mind it does NOT MATTER whos fault it was...

Fight for your rights man... :)

Im routing for you...

Florida is a no-fault state, a la Texas.

This is not true in all states so the laws may not be the same.

Sazar said:

Maybe so, at the time I was in South Carolina... they dont have to have insurance there which is wwhy they are one of the highest... :(

Sazar said:

New Jersey was also a non-fault insurance state, which really sucks for my family living there due to what this can do to their insurance premiums (aka raise them...)

Johnny, that does suck. Current trade in value, with all the damage on the thing? Unfortunately mlakrid, there was no other driver... His wife hit a sign and a curb... There's no way a street sign can be found at fault by any stretch of the imagination. Still, not totaling the car, and giving it's actual value before the accident :eek:

You can speak to a lawyer, I'm not sure what they can do. I know someone out here who is a lawyer, but she practices in New Mexico, and she also practices copyright law, not auto accident law. Not sure she could say much at all, tbh...

/wonders if you can get an auto loan

You of course need a car to get to work and all :eek: I hope this all works out for ya, once it's all said and done...

NY is no fault when it comes to personal injury, not property damage.

I talked to a finance agent I know from a local dealership. She said that I can get financing. They are going to try and add on the cost of the car to the new loan. The thing that sucks about that is that it is going to raise the payments, I don't really know what I want to do right now though. She did tell me to call the insurance commission; she feels they ripped me off big time. I bought my car that got wrecked off of her. She knew what it looked like and insists that I should have got a lot more than that.

So, tomorrow I am calling the insurance commission and attorney general to have this taken care of. I also talked to an agent of another insurance company; some one I have known for a long time. She said that her insurance company would have given me Kelley Blue Book value plus tax and tags. That would have put it where I can put a couple of thousand down on a new and not be in the hole by a couple of thousand.

As long as you had full coverage, you are entitled to the KBB value - deductible. My dad has owned an insurance agency for 30 years. Unfortunately, if you got a ****ty company, you would probably have to fight them in court for it, and they will go the distance, they do not care. This might be one of those life lessons where you learn the hard way that paying a little more for insurance actually pays off in the event you need it. State Farm is probably the best [he is not a SFIns agent btw].

I hear ya, j79zlr. I had full coverage, I never owned a car without it. The insurance company made up an excuse about why they don't go by Kelly Blue Book. They instead go by a company called CCE in which takes what Kelly Says and drops it by about half because of what they claim to be listing fees, detailing fees, and other fees in which they seem to feel that kellys adds to increase the value.

If you have the insurance papers and have someone who knows the law, you might be able to get more money out of them. It sounds ludicrous they would give you so little.

Vanquished said:
Dang...
Hyundai will last forever....
I just bought an Infiniti M45 2003, what do you guys think of it?
Here is a pic that looks identical to it http://www.edmunds.com/used/2003/infiniti/m45/index.html?mktcat=used&kw=2003+infiniti+m45&mktid=ga325452

Mine is white...
Anyways I hope you end up getting the Hyundai the quality is unsurpassed...
-Jack

I was looking at that as well but I couldn't justify swinging the extra bucks for it :(

Engine on that baby rocks. Leg room in the back is a little cramped, but who cares lol.

Haha yeah,
Who cares tho right?
I aint gonna be sittin back there, I'll be pushin the 340 horses to the max :)
-Jack

Johnny- Inform us when you call your agent tomorrow

Johnny said:
Well I talked to the insurance adjuster. They only gave me trade in value for my car. That leaves me upside down, and the possibility of getting new one way off. I hate insurance agents, I really hate insurance agents.

In a nut shell; I'm screwed :( :(

trade in value .... BULL**** ... insurance is obligated to replace the current private sale value of your car or replace it with one wiht nearly identical specs. if this cant happen ..then the small things must be accounted for ... for example ... you had navigation ..the replacement doesnt ... you had an auto ..the replacement doesnt ... ect .. you do not necessarily have to take the first offer the insurance gives you. i would call a local attorney ..or threaten them with legal action. if you could legitamately replace your car with the money they are offering ...thats fine .... but upside down or not ... you should be getting full private sale value of your car ... and the balance of whatever rental car you didnt use.... may i ask who was to blame with your previous car wreck?

I just checked kelly Blue Book again and resale value of it is $5,000.00; they gave me @2,800.00 trade in value. That upsets me even more .. Flipping crooks.

Did you accept and sign off on it?

Johnny said:
I just checked kelly Blue Book again and resale value of it is $5,000.00; they gave me @2,800.00 trade in value. That upsets me even more .. Flipping crooks.
Yeah....you got jipped

there is a little more involved than kelly blue book ..thats just a general idea. truly ..the adjuster is supposed to research the car to the general area ... ex... a convertible in south texas right now is worth more than one say here in chicago ...

basically ... whatever your car would have brought in private sale ... a legit price ..the insurance must pay that. there is other factors involved ... but my guess is this is a shat insurance company ... and adjusters get paid commision/bonus on money they save the company in payouts.

i read your wife hit a sign .... any particular reason why? was there ice? this particular car is very lightweight ... so im trying to figure out why it happened ... meaning maybe you can blame something else entirely.

is your wife one of them cellphone talkin puttin on makeup eating breakfast while curling her hair and reading the paper while driving people?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back