Maxtor HardDrive prob

JJH35

OSNN Addict
Ive got a maxtor 80 gig harddrive its been installed for around 3months. Yesterday i turned my comp on and it was draggin very badly. its used as a slave drive and now the drive doest read, and ive got at least 65gigs of stuff i need to get off of there, when i try to right click it laggs my comp badly what can i try to get the infomation off of that drive?

Create the diagnostic (pwrdiag.exe) from the MaxBlast CRrom (it's not the same as the included floppy). Use the newly created floppy to test your drive. If you can't find the CDrom you can download it from Maxtor's site.

if you have a spare 65 gig drive you should create an image of the drive for back-up using norton ghost

or..
better yet

get ontrack easy-recovery
it will let you restore parts of the drive to be stored on a smaller hd so you can burn it to cd and continue getting the rest

http://www.ontrack.com/easyrecovery/

cheers
egghead

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back